If you’re planning on selling your home, you probably have thought about what kind of updates are needed so that your house can be put on marketing. Maybe you’re thinking about new landscaping, or installing new carpet or wood floors. However, one of the easiest and most cost-effective changes you can make is to paint your house.
When people are touring your home, they’re often looking for three things:
- Updated kitchen and bath. A new, modern kitchen and/or bath is a popular must-have for home buyers.
- No clutter. If you have extra furniture, paperwork, kitchen appliances, or bookshelves, store them in a storage facility. You want to show off a clean area.
- A blank slate. Even if your furniture looks great in your house, potential sellers like to imagine their own belongings in your space. That means that you should fill your home with neutrals – neutral carpeting, flooring, and walls.
Wall Paint Color Makes a Difference When You Sell
Paint color trends tend to change every three to four years or so. If you know what styles are in, then you’ll know how to stay away from the “out of style” label that potential home buyers dread. A home that isn’t painted in a modern style will sell for less money, even though it’s an easy fix.
Here are the colors to consider:
- Light Beige. Taupe, beige, and soft browns are still popular neutral colors that make spaces and rooms look bigger. They also offer a pleasing background to the furniture that buyers will be bringing into a home – whether it’s from their previous house, or if they’re going to purchase a new living room set.
- Light blue or light gray. Although blue is not technically a neutral color, a pale shade looks great in a den or kitchen. If you want to paint a bedroom blue, be sure to use a light shade. It gives any room a feeling of airiness and softness.
- Greige. Yes, this is a color! It’s a mixture of light grey and beige, and is the ultimate neutral tone. It looks great in living rooms, bedrooms, and bathrooms. It’s also a popular color for home exteriors.
Oh the flip side, colors to avoid include yellow in the kitchens, white in the bathroom, pink in a bedroom, and red in a dining room.
Professional Pittsburgh Painters
Call MasterBrush Painting if you’d like to paint your house before putting it on the market. Homes that are painted professionally sell for thousands more than those that aren’t. If you have questions about what colors to paint your home, give us a call today.
- Should I Paint My Kitchen Cabinets? - March 21, 2023
- Paint Trends for 2023 - February 27, 2023
- How to Improve Your Home with Paint - January 27, 2023