You’d love a new look for the outside of your home, but you don’t want to spend a fortune. What should you do? You can paint it! Painting the outside of your house will make it appear brand new. While it may be an extreme step, here is why you should consider it:
- You Want a Big Change for a Small Price. Replacing siding can be especially expensive—anywhere from $10,000-$20,000, depending on the square footage of your home’s exterior. Painting your exterior, whether it’s vinyl, wood, or brick, can extend the exterior lifespan of your home and give your home a “wow” factor. Plus, painting your home can be done at a fraction of the price compared to replacing vinyl or wood.
- You Want to Refresh Your Siding. A home that appears weathered or has faded siding can be brightened with just a few days’ worth of work. You can make an older home look new again with the same or similar color. Be sure that you know what kind of vinyl or wood already covers your home, though—you’ll need it to make sure you buy the correct paint. Also, if you have cracked or wrinkled siding or wood, you’ll have to clean and sand it first before applying a new coat of paint.
- You Want a New Look. You want to go big—a “new” house without the “new home” price tag. If you’d like to dramatically change your home—or just update the color a bit—painting the outside in a color far different from the current one will do wonders. Before making this decision, though, think of what kind of color or colors you may want, including trim. Be sure to adhere to any covenants contained in your homeowners’ association, if you belong to one. Drive around and look at your neighbors’ homes to see what you like and don’t like, and then be sure that your roof’s shingles and your new color will complement each other.
Painting the exterior of a home can be tricky. Unlike interior painting, exterior painting involves different paint products for different parts of the house and working through the weather (for instance, if it’s a sunny day, that can affect how your paint dries and can leave paint marks). Use a professional Pittsburgh exterior painting company like Master Brush. We have decades of experience and are fully insured. We will properly prep, paint, and clean up the outside of your home. Call us today for an estimate.
- Painting Your Bedroom for Comfort and Style - November 1, 2017
- Should I Paint My Pittsburgh Home’s Exterior in the Fall? - October 1, 2017
- Fall Painting Projects to Update Your Home - September 1, 2017